Friday, July 5, 2013

I'm a missionary for REALZ

Yesterday was THE BEST day of my MTC experience yet.  I wish I could expain to you why and how... but I will just say that it was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life and absolutely confirmed my faith in my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I KNOW Heavenly Father loves me.  And, although I don't know exactly how much, I know that He loves me a whole ton.  Isn't it amazing that even when our faults seem to outweigh our strengths, God blesses us and answers our prayers and is STILL there to protect us?  Isn't it amazing that God is aware of EVERY detail of your life?  Isn't it so incredible that the Atonement of Jesus Christ reaches to every single soul, in every single situation, in exactly the way one might need it to?  
 
Sand volleyball... It's what we do :) And no, I don't always look that gangster. It's just a good day.


I can absolutely relate to the lyrics of this hymn,  "I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me.  Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.  I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,  That for me, a sinner, He suffered, he bled and died.  Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me!  Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!" 


My district with our teacher!
I cannot wait to complete an honorable mission and someday be sealed in the temple to my family.  I think about my future family and try to live as they would want me to live so I can tell them sweet stories about my mission!  I think about my ancestors, my grandma and everyone that has gone before me that have made me who I am today.  This gospel is about families.  And I am going to do everything I can to make sure that my family is sealed together for eternity.  Past, present and future.  Did you know that two companionships in my district have found out that they are related to each other?? That just makes me sooo happy! Please tell me you can see the amazing things God is doing among families. 
 
I feel so blessed that God has given us the opportunity to make covenants with Him.  When we follow our covenants with exact obedience we are blessed beyond our ability to comprehend.  I know God has wonderful plans for me that I would never even imagine for myself.  I look forward with hope to those blessings of service and peace and strength.  I want to bear my testimony to you all that God loves you more than you could ever imagine.  He is mindful of you and is not waiting for you to meet any requirements before He reaches out His hands to help you.  I testify that God and our Savior, Jesus Christ, live.  I know it.  And I know that there is NO OTHER WAY to return to Their presence except through our choice to follow The Plan of Salvation.  We must have faith, be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end.  This is a gospel of hope.  God is merciful to all those that come unto Him and He is pleased with every effort me make... even when our efforts are pathetic at best.
 
Please just take the steps.  Start with faith and if you feel like you don't have faith, start with a desire.  If you feel like you don't have a desire, start with a desire to desire to have faith.  It is simple and God will help you every step of the way, whether you feel Him there with every step or not.  The trial is to stick with it and hope with all your might that the blessings that God has promised you will be brought to pass.  I know they will.  God has done this for me in my life even when I believed my faults were too great.  Even when I fully believed I was the exception to the Atonement.  Even when I thought the pain I was feeling could never ever go away.  The Atonement covers any kind of grief.  
 
More Christmas!!!

God lives and loves you.  There is proof of that in your life this very minute.  Count your blessings and know that you have amazing potential.  God's work is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."  That is what He wants for you and as our Father, He has shown us THE ONLY WAY.  I can't stress that enough.  Remember, after baptism, the Spirit can be your constant companion.  Tune into His voice because promptings come every minute of everyday.  Pardon my preaching.  What can I say?  I'm a missionary :)  Oh, and this missionary is now stuck at the MTC for an extra 2 weeks.  I don't leave till the 22nd of July.  Happy fourth of July! I'll be watching the fireworks with you all tomorrow! Life is short and God needs us to be awesome so let's get to it!

 
Love,
 
Hermana Sanabria

No comments:

Post a Comment