Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Second Week in the MTC!

Well, I am on my second week now! Can you believe it?? It has been a crazy ride, but I absolutely love it here.  The MTC is a huge blessing.  They say you either love it or hate it here; however, I'm not sure why anyone would hate it...You do gain weight here.  I've already gained 8 lbs.  Just kidding, that's impossible ;)  I have gained one though.  Whooo!!!  We had our last Tuesday night devotional at the BYU Marriot center and it was the first time they have ever had to do that because of the fact that we have an enormous amount of missionaries now.  On the 23rd there is this big deal missionary broadcast and I'll be singing in the choir so maybe you'll all see me! 


 We had a surprise assignment at the TRC yesterday.  It was our first time and we were all so scared, but it turned out to be a really spiritual and uplifting experience.  It increased my testimony about the power of bearing testimony.  That is what my mission is.  I am to testify of God and of Jesus Christ and His Gospel.  It really is a relief to finally understand that because when I am feeling inadequate about teaching lessons and always inviting the spirit and saying what I should, I just feel so relieved when I remember that the most meaningful thing I have to share is my testimony... It's simple, but I can never deny it.  God lives and loves me and all of His children.  He wants all of us to return to Him.  The worth of every soul is great in the sight of God.  Sometimes it can be hard to believe that I am of great worth and that I can really make a difference here in the mission field, but it’s not about me.  Nothing is about me or what I do or say, it’s about how God can use me to bless other peoples lives by blessing me with strength and wisdom beyond my own. I am eternally blessed that I can rely on my testimony.  It is such a comfort to me that I truly know these things and that is what will help me to faithfully endure to the end. 

I loved my care package!  Thanks, mommy!

Pray *sincerely* morning and night.  Don't be lazy.  Study your scriptures for at least 30 minutes each day.  You need extra strength this day and age and the gospel of Jesus Christ provides a simple way to obtain it.  You really come to know God and our Savior through scripture study. Consistent and sincere scripture study.  You will change faster than you can imagine when you put all of your faith and trust in the Lord and let go- seriously... just destroy all of your worries and fears and ungodly desires.  The Book of Mormon is true.  It is another inspired testament that testifies of Christ. Read it with a sincere heart (Moroni 10:4-5). 


I think that is all I have to say this week.  I hope you all know that you are very important to me and I miss you all.  A week is a long time to wait to express these things to you, but its a good thing I’ve been keeping busy with the work.  I’m remembering you all in my prayers.  Choose the right.  Let go of all of your selfishness and serve everyday of your life with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength.  I'm working hard to progress and improve so that I can be the kind of person the Lord can use for good.  Love you all!

Your missionary,

Hermana Sanabria 

No comments:

Post a Comment